JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk II/Accounting Specialist
GOVERNMENT AGENCY: U.S. Department of Justice - Drug Enforcement Administration
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time/ Permanent Position
POSITION TIMING: Position requires a DEA clearance which can take 4-8+ weeks to process and MUST be complete before candidate can start working.
SALARY: $20.90/hr + $4.22/hr H&W credit to be used towards medical/dental/vision benefits premiums. If benefits are not elected, $4.22/hr is deposited into a 401k savings account for you on your behalf.
***Important: Please read the job vacancy carefully before applying. Any key requirement(s) not met will automatically disqualify you as a candidate for this position***
- Process Reimbursable Agreements, Travel Orders for Permanent Change of Station, Government Bill of Lading (GBL's) and Real Estate via agency financial procurement system
- Performs one or more routine accounting clerical operations, such as: examining, verifying and correcting accounting transactions
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of data and proper identification of accounts
- Verifies that expenditures will not exceed obligations in specified accounts; totaling, balancing, and reconciling collection vouchers
- Posts data to transaction sheet and identifies proper accounts and items to be posted
- Codes documents in accordance with a listing of accounts
- Performs data input into a variety of fiscal, procurement and function specific spreadsheets and databases
- Create and record various document types utilizing via the agency financial procurement system for permanent change of station (PCS) such as; commitments, de-obligations, obligations, amendments, and modification requests.
- Enter employee invoices associated with a permanent change of station into agency database
- Reconcile monthly reports, undeliverable orders, and various funding accounts
- Verify that expenditures will not exceed obligations in specified accounts; totaling, balancing, and reconciling collection vouchers
- MUST be a United States Citizen
- MUST be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (positive credit history, no criminal record, favorable employment history, no history of illicit drug use)
- 1-3 years accounting experience OR Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Familiarity with reviewing vendor invoices for payment of goods and/or services, ensuring requisite documentation is provided.
- Familiarity with the obligation of funding for the payment of invoices.
- Experience working with a financial management system in the payment of invoices.
- Effective communicator, oral and written
- Experience working under strict time constraints in a time sensitive environment
- Experience with developing and managing budgets preferably in a government environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be a fast learner with superb analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to protect and safeguard sensitive government information
***Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements***
IT Coalition, Inc. is an information technology and consulting company focused on servicing the needs of the Federal Government. IT Coalition's mission is to apply earned expertise in information technology and information assurance/security to assist this client in achieving its mission. IT Coalition is located in Alexandria, VA and offers outstanding compensation and benefits plan and a challenging and rewarding professional work environment.
IT Coalition, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, disability, or sex including pregnancy and childbirth or related medical condition or on any other basis prohibited by law.