A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people's lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what's possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials - this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it's a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you'll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You'll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Senior Software Engineer – Firmware. This firmware engineering position is a member of the Electrical Development team at MTS Test & Simulation. Engineers in this team are responsible for developing and supporting a wide range of electrical products focused on high performance motion controller and precision data acquisition. Our controllers enable MTS Test & Simulation systems to achieve world class precision force and motion control, providing our customers with unmatched performance, safety, and reliability for their most challenging mechanical testing needs. As a firmware engineer on the Electrical Development team, you will work with circuit board designers, FPGA designers, and other firmware engineers to develop firmware for control electronics and data acquisition systems.
Major Areas of Accountability/Responsibilities Include a Subset of the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Embedded firmware and microprocessor programming.
- Developing embedded software (hardware layer to application layer) to meet specific system and hardware requirements.
- Defining and developing custom hardware/software interfaces.
- Debugging and integrating software on product hardware, including board bring-up diagnostic software.
- Developing and executing software unit and functional tests.
- Digital signal processing and digital filter design, including MATLAB DSP Builder.
- Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA filtering/downsampling, Intel Quartus, Verilog, and SystemVerilog).
- Digital Communication and third-party interfaces, including EtherCAT.
- Significant contributor to overall system architecture design.
- Design, development and provide support of compilers, assemblers, and development tools.
- Assisting and leading documentation and processes that conform with ISO quality objectives.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical support for internal and external customers.
- Interface with vendors of key development tools and technologies.
- Provide and maintain documentation to support engineering process.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Planning and estimating cross functional development efforts.
- Technical reports, presentations, knowledge sharing.
- Reviewing progress & evaluating results.
- Provide significant input into Technology Roadmaps.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (Master’s preferred) from an ABET accredited institution
- 9+ years of experience developing in C & C++ with embedded development emphasis
- Demonstrated technical expertise and domain experience in motion control and embedded systems
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and team effectively with others
- Able to effectively deal with ambiguity and make good decisions with incomplete data
- Responsive and willing to take ownership of issues and drive solutions
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and decisive
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
- Occasional travel, both domestic and international, not more than 10%
- Working knowledge of product development methodologies and stage-gate development processes
- Experience with Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Git, MATLAB, TI Code Composer, OrCAD, HDL
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Experience with Ethernet communication protocols, including real-time Ethernet technology such as EtherCAT
- Experience with Texas Instruments DSP, ARM CPUs, FPGA Windows based development tools
- Experience with Texas Instruments SYS/BIOS Real-time Operating System (TI-RTOS)
- Experience with reading schematics and datasheets
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status or veteran status.
Posting Notes: Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) | | |